It’s been a strange triathlon year with Covid but that didn’t stop the BTS team from having a Virtual End of Year Celebration. There was still plenty to be thankful for as well as to celebrate some of the individual accomplishments of our members during the year.
Hosted on Zoom, the virtual party included song requests and a BTS song from the wonderful Rob Castell, as well as prizes won during a Hit or Miss game and two scavenger hunts. There was also a touching goodbye for Chris Harris who has left the club to move to the west after nearly 15 years as a member of BTS… and not so touching skits of indoor and outdoor cycling techniques of BTS Members!
There were six award categories this year with some great nominations. As voted on by the BTS membership, the winners were:
- Most Inspirational – Gemma Korff our Key Worker of the Year
- Best Homemade Workout Equipment – Paul Fitzpatrick and Kate Robinson
- Ooooh… That Made Us Laugh – Stuart Boorman
- Tough Cookie Award – Simon Ashwell
- Michael Kennedy/Most Helpful – Andy Dax
- Big Shout Out – Andy & Karen Dax
A big thanks to everyone who helped with the auction and to all the members who supported the club this year.