Training 2020 Week 8
Note: there is no swimming tonight at Beechwood as it is closed for half term but Heathfield will still be on.
Bike Improvement Sessions
There is lots of interest in the Bike Improvement sessions that are coming up. If the sessions are so popular that I have to run 2x sessions, then I will consider that. We kick off with an FTP test on 28th Feb. Have a look at the link to see if there are any that you would like to join: Bike Improvement Sessions
When I am back from holiday I will send out details of the next Sunday ‘social run’. I haven’t been able to arrange a track session for 1st of March, so that will likely turn into a longer club run. The last one worked brilliantly; we all started at staggered times, depending on distance and speed, crossed over halfway and finished within 2 minutes of each other – ready for coffee and cake rewards. I am looking for routes around Windsor and the Great Park/Virginia water for our next one. Keep an eye out for details, but it was a great way to run in groups at whatever pace/distance suited you but finish together.
|Mon||17-Feb||NO Swim||8 pm||No Swim||Beechwood School|
|Tue||18-Feb||Club run||6:30 pm||Andrea||Dorney Lake – park near Bray Lake|
|7:45 pm||Louise||Dedworth Library|
|6:15 pm||Chris H||BTS Spin Studio|
|Thur||20-Feb||Heathfield Swim||6:15 pm||Janice||Heathfield School, Ascot (Priory Road entrance).|
|7:15 pm||Uncoached, set provided|
|Sat||22-Feb||A Ride||9:00 am||Simon||Barry Avenue, Windsor – next to the ice cream hut
BTS Spin Studio, Langworthy Lane, Holyport
|C Ride||Lesley K|
|Sun||23-Feb||Endurance run||Recommended Speed It Up/Negative Split! – 10km (6mi) done as 7km(4mi) @ 20s/km, 30s/mi slower than target race pace, speed up in the last 3km(2mi) to faster than race pace.
Reduce for beginner/sprint: 5km(3mi), 3km @ slower pace, 2km faster
Step up for 70.3 & IM: 15-20km(10-12mi) – same speed changes in the last 3km(2mi)
- 28 February – Bike Improvement: FTP Test
- 1 March – Run Improvement: Maidenhead track (possibly change to club Sunday ‘social run’ with Windsor location)
- 14 March – F3 pacing @ Dorney Lake
- 4 April – F3 pacing @ Dorney Lake
- 24 May – Marlow Classic Triathlon – multi-distance event (https://www.f3events.co.uk/events/triathlon) – DISCOUNT DETAILS TO FOLLOW
- 14 June – Windsor Triathlon (https://www.royalwindsortriathlon.co.uk/) – discount code available, ask a committee member.
- 4 August 2020 – Cotswold Classic 1/2 Iron distance (https://www.letsdothis.com/gb/e/cotswold-classic-middle-distance-triathlon-68092)
Have a great week